Sunday 27 December 2009

Random Vimeo Vids


Galileo from Ghislain Avrillon on Vimeo.

Since I don't have a Vimeo account right now, I figured I'd use my blog to post animations from Vimeo on to here. I will eventually get an account, but this will do fine for now.

I really like the textures and sounds in this clip. The ending where they both fly hand in hand with the butterflies is very heart warming aswell. I couldnt help but think that maybe their character designs could have been developed a bit more, because they didnt look very unique.

Low Oxygen from Dylan Forman on Vimeo.

This is a fanatastic vid I saw not long ago. It is extremely simple. It relies on beeping, ambient and muffled groans for sound effects. The Characters are simple yet extremely expressive in their actions. The introduction of them is well done aswell. You immediately know how they survive in the environment they are in, and the dilemma they come across. It has bittersweet ending that leaves the watcher feeling sympathetic for the astronauts, and wanting to see more.

Edit:

A Difference In Shadow from Michael Mier on Vimeo.

Oh man Just saw this and simply had to add it to the post it. Woaah. That is a fantastic clip. It's amazing how a film can lead you to believe one thing and then you realise what the true meaning is at the end. Fantastically lit. I like how the match strokes divide up the story, almost like chapters. Wonderful

No comments:

Post a Comment